COVID-19 Status Update
As we begin to see restrictions gradually lifted in the various provinces across Canada, we wanted to share the additional measures we have taken to protect our examinees, assessors and staff.
Rest assured, as we navigate this pandemic, we are doing so in alignment with the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Canadian Public Health Agency, Provincial Public Health Authorities and the Regulatory Colleges.
We have put a number of enhanced protocols in place within our Viewpoint assessment centers to ensure we can provide in-person assessments in a safe way as we operate carefully in the current environment.
SCREENING of all examinees, assessors, staff and visitors to our offices in order to ensure safety for all
- Complete a COVID-19 telephone screen via questionnaire a few days prior to the scheduled assessment to determine appropriateness to proceed
- Complete a secondary screening on the day of the assessment via questionnaire and touchless temperature screening, prior to entering the facility
- All visitors to our facilities are required to wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer immediately before and after attendance at our facility
- All staff and assessors are screened each day prior to entering the facility via questionnaire and touchless temperature screening and are required to wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer before and after handling of any equipment, high touch surfaces or common use items
Adjusting our Workspace to maintain SOCIAL DISTANCING
- To accommodate physical spacing of staff, examinees and assessors, facility operating days and/or hours will be expanded as needed
- Staff schedules have been adjusted to include staggered office hours and work from home days.
- Appointment times are staggered to enable social distancing, screening and time for proper cleaning of assessment rooms and equipment
- Waiting areas and assessment rooms have been rearranged to maintain 2m physical distancing with signage and floor decals as reminders
- Use of waiting areas will be minimized by encouraging examinees to arrive at the time of their scheduled appointment and having them wait in the assessment rooms where possible
Focused efforts on ENHANCED CLEANING and disinfecting our assessment centers
- Plexiglass screen guards have been installed at all facilities
- All non-essential items have been removed from our waiting and assessment rooms (magazines, books, water coolers, etc.)
- Staff are responsible for cleaning the equipment and high touch surfaces in between each appointment in all waiting and assessment rooms
- Work stations and equipment are sanitized before and after use or as needed throughout the work day, including high touch surfaces such as phones, computers, printers, clip boards, pens, and door handles
Effective usage of PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Every examinee will receive a mask once screening is completed to be worn at all times
- Staff working in open areas of the assessment center will wear a mask at all times
- Assessors are provided with masks to be worn at all times
- Other PPE will be in place in accordance with the direction provided by Provincial Public Health Authorities and regulatory Colleges
- Education on proper use of PPE including donning and doffing procedures is provided to all examinees, assessors and staff